2nd ISLAMIC FINANCE,
BANKING & BUSINESS ETHICS GLOBAL
18-19 April 2017
SASANA KIJANG, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA.
“Risk Sharing Islamic Finance: Challenges, Innovation and Leadership”
The Islamic finance sector has experienced exponential growth in the last few decades. Islamic banking institutions are now established in over 50 countries and account for more than 15% of the financial landscape in most of these countries. The Islamic financial industry has proved its resiliency during the financial crises. From the Olympic village in London to Burj Khalifa in Dubai, shariah-compliant investments are now making inroads on a global scale. To date, the global Islamic financial assets stand at approximately USD2 trillion with Pakistan and Malaysia at the forefront. With nearly one-fifth of the banking sector in the two countries reliant on the Islamic financial services with double digit annual growth, the potential of Islamic financial services is huge.
International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF) and Suleman Dawood School of Business are now jointly-organising the 2nd Islamic Finance Banking and Business Ethics Global Conference. The conference will be held on18- 19 April 2017 at Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This conference aims to bring together the research output of scholars and professionals that focuses on the growth and development of Islamic finance and enable them to present their research papers/ideas to a broader audience.
We invite abstracts under two categories, i.e., Research Papers, and Teaching Cases/Case Studies on the following topics. This is an indicative, non-exhaustive list:
• Financing Modes
• Financial Econometrics of Islamic Finance
• Pricing Risk & Liquidity Management
• Islamic Banking Practice
• Accounting for Islamic Finance Institutions
• Auditing in Islamic Finance Institutions
• Product Development in Islamic Financial Institutions
• Islamic Indices and Mutual Funds
• Asset Management
• Roles & Future Challenges of Shariah Supervisory Boards
• Zakat, Income Distribution & Poverty Alleviation
• Labour Issues & Wage Determination in Islamic Economic System
• Behavioral Economics
• Regulation of Markets and Corporations by the State in an Islamic Economic System
• Business Ethics in Islam
• Marketing Ethics in Islam
• Islamic Perspective on Leadership
• Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
• HR Practices in Islam
• Ethical Decision Making
• Strategic Management and Planning in Islam
• Organizational Development in Islam
• Ethics in Supply Chain and Operations
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION FORMAT
- Font Times New Roman 12pt and double spacing
- The full paper must be between 8-10 pages long
- References must be in APA style
- Document must be tidy and do not show any history of tracked changes or comments. If your paper includes graphics, please ensure these are of a high quality and please consider your final file size..
- Check that the PDF format of your paper prints correctly (i.e. all imported figures and tables are there) , and ensure that the file is virus-free
- Please adhere to the format for full paper submission as attached in the conference website
IFBBE 2017 will be held on 18-19 April 2017, at Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur.
Sasana Kijang, a centre of knowledge and learning excellence established by Bank Negara Malaysia in 2011, embodies the Bank’s commitment for the development of thought leadership and for regional and international collaboration in central banking and financial services. The centre represents the Bank’s continuous drive for talent development through effective learning initiatives as well as creating a conducive environment to promote best practices in central banking.
Please refer to Accomodation for the direction to Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Academicians, postgraduate and research students, professionals from business organizations, professional associations and other interested parties
Selected Paper will be invited for possible submission to "Economic Modelling"(ABDC-A). The submission will follow the standard journal review process.
PROF DR ABBAS MIRAKHOR received his Ph.D. in Economics from Kansas State University in 1969. After teaching at various universities in the USA and in Iran he joined the staff of the Research Department of the IMF in 1984. He became an Executive Director of the IMF from 1990 until his retirement in 2008. He is the author of a number of articles and books on Islamic economics and finance. He is now the first holder of the INCEIF Chair in Islamic Finance.
PROF DR PARESH KUMAR NARAYAN is an Alfred Deakin Professor at the Deakin Business School and Director of the Centre for Financial Econometrics at Deakin University. He is a co Editor-in-chief of Economic Modelling, Associate Editor of Finance Research Letters and Studies in Economics & Finance, Subject Editor of Journal of International Financial Markets Institutions and Money and Guest Editor of the Journal of Banking & Finance and Energy Economics.
REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION
Registration and submission of Full Paper must be done electronically through the online submission system.
- Click on the "Registration" menu to create ConfBay Account and proceed for conference registration by logging in the system.
- Click on "Online Submission" menu to submit your full paper
INCEIF was set up in 2005 by Bank Negara Malaysia (the Central Bank of Malaysia). It is one of many initiatives undertaken by Malaysia to develop and nurture talents and experts under the MIFC (Malaysia International Islamic Finance Centre). The Chairman of INCEIF is the Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia, Dato’ Muhammad Ibrahim. INCEIF is governed by a Governing Council which is chaired by a Director and comprises representatives from the financial industry, regulators and members of international repute. INCEIF offers three postgraduate programmes in Islamic finance, namely Masters in Islamic Finance Practice (MIFP), Master of Science in Islamic Finance (MSc) and PhD in Islamic Finance.
To complement its mission to produce world-class talent for the global Islamic finance industry, INCEIF, as a knowledge leader in Islamic finance, offers industry-focussed executive education that includes customised executive programmes. INCEIF’s research unit carries out academic and commercial research which provides trend analysis, economic growth indicators and specific cross border business strategy. More Info: - http://www.inceif.org/
Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB)
The Business School, established in 1986, was the first of the schools at the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS).
The school offers a variety of programmes including an intensive full-time MBA, a week-end Executive MBA, a course-based PhD Management and Bachelor's programmes with majors in Accounting and Finance, and Management Science. In addition, the Rausing Executive Development Centre (REDC) offers short duration programmes for executives. The school also carries out rigorous economic and management research through the Strategic Sectors Research Centre, Social Enterprise Development Centre and the Case Research Centre. More Info: - https://sdsb.lums.edu.pk/